Day Tours for Groups: Pearls of the South Coast Iceland
- Day Tour for Groups from Reykjavik, 10+ (or minimum price)
- Duration: 9-10 hours
- Departure: 08.00
- Availability: Enquire for groups.
- Price from: Ask for an offer
- Included: Bus - Guidance
- Excluded: Lunch – refreshments (Ask for an offer with lunch)
- Guidance: English (other languages for groups on request)
- Additional information: Remember to dress warmly, and to have good shoes. Refreshments not included.
We start by driving over the plateau of Hellisheidi to the village of Hvolsvollur where we have our first stop (coffee and bathroom break). If the weather conditions allow, you will be able to see Hekla volcano and Eyjafjallajokull volcano. We continue to Seljalandsfoss waterfall. You you can walk behind it and through to the other side (you need good shoes and waterproof jacket)! We also stop at the majestic Skogafoss waterfall, with its impressive 60 m drop (196 ft.). Than we visit the volcanic black sand beaches Reynisfjara, one off the most impressive and dramatic black sand beach in the world! From there, you can see Reynisdrangar; a spectacularly shaped basalt sea stacks. We will stop at the beach for 45 minutes so you have enough time to enjoy the beach, walk around and take pictures.
What You'll Do
• Drive along Iceland's dramatic South Coast
• See Hekla and Eyjafjallajokull volcano (due to weather conditions)
• Visit the waterfalls of Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss
• See Myrdalsjokull glacier (due to weather conditions)
• Visit the dramatic volcanic black sand beaches Reynisfjara
• See Reynisdrangar, a basalt sea stacks